Thursday, December 02, 2004

Still unwinding

Well today was a huge day for family, business, and career! After crashing yesterday (about a 7/10 on the 'I've done a bit too much and have to crash' scale) I was fired up and raring to go this morning. I made final preparations at home for my afternoon business meeting; I had lunch, a chat, and did some shopping with my wife; I decided to make some career decisions; and I had a meeting with my current client (that was really two meetings that lasted a total of 3.5 hours). I must have been active for the best part of 8 hours today - that's almost normal!

For those interested in what decisions I made I came to the conclusion that I will concentrate on my existing client, I will increase my hours of service where necessary, and I will develop my writing concepts and projects in the meanwhile (see earlier blog for context). This fit in beautifully with my client's desire for me to be involved in the planning, management and admin of a major project he is undertaking in March next year (if we can come to suitable terms on remuneration and defined role). It looks like I am beginning to fall on my feet again.

More big news: - since we were looking at developing the business relationship further I told my client about my depression and that there was potential of it impacting my reliability at times. You know what he said ... "no problem, we'll just have to have a back up plan in case it happens" - talk about amazing!

So it was a big day in my life today. I again made a confession about having depression (and wasn't the slightest bit humiliated), I defined the short-medium term path of my current business/career, I had lunch with my wife (and made plans about family, home renovations, and career - I forgot to mention those other two earlier) and had a hair cut, wrote a blog, etc... Who could have thought after yesterday being confined to the house all day I would have the strength and drive to do all this just 24 hours later. Perhaps the depression really is breaking?

The only downside for me today is that after all the excitment I find myself unable to sleep because I am still unwinding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home