Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Another sleepless night

Managing my depression is becoming a frustration again. I feel very well except for the fact I can't sleep at night. My motivation and drive is good, my concentration and agitation of mind is worse than 'normal' but manageable, but my sleep is really suffering. I am going great with work but I can't see how I can sustain the level of quality without much sleep.

Hmm ... what to do ... I think I'm going to keep my meds up at 2 1/2 tabs daily and push myself a little harder than I have in the past. Previously when I've pushed I have crashed but I might take a bit of a chance on it with the additional medication constant. I can usually see or feel the depression coming (although last time I didn't). It's worth a try anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blackdog said...

cheers john. up until I came down with depression I was a great sleeper. Two minutes with the light off and zzzzzzzz - so it's new territory for me (relatively speaking).

The challenge for me is balance though. I have to try and keep the relationship with my wife strong (and it helps by going to bed at the same time as her) and I need to be competent to look after my daughter in the mornings. So if at all possible I have to try and keep on the 9-5 type routine.

Recently if I pushed my body to tiredness I just crashed/relapsed with depression for a few days and the situation got worse. I believe I can push a little more these days though.

However, I think it's worth taking your comments on board because I do tend to worry about not sleeping - and that in itself keeps me awake. I think I'm well enough to try and run the sleep tank on empty for a bit so I'll try your suggestion to just chill out until I am ready to sleep. It makes sense that if I keep my routine and exhaust myself at the same time with a little sleep deprivation that it might put me back on the 9-5. Might try and use a little excercise to tire me out too. I'll let you know how it goes in a later post.

Thanks for your thoughts I really appreciate you taking the time to comment.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home